to the Morris Education Trust
There will be an online parents and carers Q & A for the CET-MET merger on Thursday June 12th that you will be welcome to join, please click here for more details.
The trustees of the Morris Education Trust have been in dialogue with those of the Cambridgeshire Educational Trust, about a proposal to merge our Trusts. We are now sharing our reasons for proposing this, describe the process, and invite you to contribute.
Robert Campbell, CEO
The Morris Education Trust is a multi-academy trust founded from the standalone academy trust of Impington Village College. We formed in 2016 to develop a local family of schools initially within Cambridgeshire. We are passionate about and deeply committed to comprehensive, community-rooted education. Since children and young people have one chance to experience schooling, we enable our students to flourish as individuals so that they can progress and take their place as positive, active and capable citizens in our world. Our schools share and collaborate in a partnership, believing that education in our region should be highly regarded across our nation and beyond.
Our vision is to grow a family of schools and colleges which are individual in character but united by a passion that we:
Will build a better world through education
Are stronger through community
Will achieve excellence as standard for all
Our family of schools is bound by a shared set of values:
- We value world class outcomes in progress, attainment and development for all
- We are a community of responsible, caring individuals who value the promotion and creation of a collaborative culture underpinned by positive human relationships
- We value the opportunity for all to engage in lifelong learning with creative freedom, enabling individuals to continue, develop and progress
- Wholly inclusive, we celebrate diversity and understand individual needs; we cultivate a global outlook and prepare all to be international citizens
We aim to:
- Develop a family of local schools operating successfully as a mixed phase/ setting multi-academy trust
- Be an excellent Trust where students flourish and thrive as learners securing outstanding outcomes
- Ensure the Trust grows through efficient and effective use of all resources and maximises income generation through appropriate and ethical activities
- Communicate successfully and engage positively with all stakeholders of the Trust
- Ensure the Trust continues to promote its role at the heart of the whole community and its composite local communities